Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Surprise! we're going to West Ed.

Jul 22, 2014

I love surprising my kids. Honestly its like the funnest thing ever to see their reactions when we surprise them with something fun. We had been talking about the West Edmonton Mall for some reason and the kids were dying to go. I told them we wouldn't be able to go for awhile. We decided to take them for a quick two day, one night trip.We packed up and told them we were going to Okotoks to visit my Dad. Ty is the only one who noticed that we passed the turn off. As we were going through Calgary we told them we weren't going to Okotoks but somewhere they all wanted to go. It took them a minute but McKenna finally guessed correctly and they were very excited. We headed right to Galaxyland to spend the afternoon there. We had the best time. All the kids rode any ride that they were able to go on. It really was a lot of fun. The highlight was Ty and I going through the haunted house. Have you seen Ellen's Andy and Amy go through a haunted house (youtube it, you'll die of laughter) well it was sort of like that. I was holding Ty in front of me and we just ran through it and barely looked at anything. It was quite comical. I'm sure Ty will never go through a haunted house with me again. The funny thing is I could probably go through it now and it would be fine. Its just the unknown that is so scary. We got to the hotel around 9:30pm and crashed. We had two queen sized beds. We had the three older kids laying sideways on the bed so they could all fit (wish that would last forever) and then Hayley slept with Ry and I. I'm glad our kids can sleep well anywhere.

The next morning we headed to the World Water Park for another day of fun. I have to admit, I wasn't as impressed. They don't have very many slides for young kids. Ty could only go on a couple of the big one's and McKenna couldn't go on any. There was only one that we could go down with Hayley and it was pretty lame. I found there wasn't much that we could do all together, we had to split up a lot. Besides I'm more of a tube waterslider. I like slides that you ride tubes down. They only had a couple and you had to ride single on them. Not as fun. We had a good afternoon though. I was ready to leave by 4, and we said goodbye to the mall and headed to Okotoks to spend the night with my Dad and Penny.

We had such a good time, but its always exhausting to cram so much in such a short space of time. I needed a vacation from my vacation:) The kids loved it and talk about it all the time and that is what is most important. The memories. I love spending time with my family.


















1 comment :

  1. What a perfect surprise. Funny I enjoy the water park much more than galaxyland. It just makes me sick. Water park is way better when they can all swim and go on all of them. I have never seen that popsicle place. That looks like something I should probably stay far away from:) Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete