Olsen Aventures

kelli instagram-001 kelli pinterest-001 kelli youtube-001 kelli contact-001

Valentine's Day

Mar 1, 2014

Yikes. I'm getting quite behind again. Hopefully I can get caught up in the next couple of days.

I'm not a huge lover of Valentine's Day. But this year was extra fun. I decided to do something more creative with the kids Valentine's cards instead of just buying one's from the store. I found a printable that I liked and just had to buy glow sticks from the dollar store. It was really easy. Here they are:



So cute. McKenna had a boxed social for her V party . All the girls decorated a box and then we put a little snack for two inside. All the boys (plus 2 girls to make it even) brought a toonie and then bid on a box without knowing who's it was, and then they shared the snack in the box. It is such a cute little idea. I loved decorating the box with McKenna. She dressed up really cute for her party. I felt like I was sending her on her first date. I tried to make the box appeal to the boys, but one of the girl's bought her box. She had fun sharing it with her little friend. I'm sad Hayley won't get the same party. Its going to be hard to send her to public Kindergarten after all my other three went to Miss Pati's.







All the kids loved their parties. I got invited to my friend Devon's house for a girls Valentine's Party. It was so fun and she had her house decorated so cute. She had a hot chocolate bar, and lots of yummy snacks. It was fun to visit with good friends. Devon made us really cute mugs to take home as well.





It was really fun to celebrate this year. Ryan and I didn't really do anything, but I don't think we need to do something every year. Makes it even more fun and special when we do celebrate.

P.s. My husband just kindly reminded me that we did celebrate Valentine's Day...this is what happens when I don't blog right away, I forget important things. My sister took the kids and Ryan made me a fantastic dinner. I relaxed while he cooked stuffed chicken, rice, and made a spinach salad. It was so delicious. We also had some martinelli's. It was perfect. I can't believe I forgot about it. Then we just sat and talked for awhile before we went to pick up the kids. It was a really nice evening. Thanks for the reminder Ry.

1 comment :